Sunday 28 August 2011

Tiger Feet - Mud

It's a good 10 years since I did the Smuggler's Trod up there in Fylingthorpe (near the Fylingdales monstrosity in the photo) and I must have marathon amnesia as this one was a real tester. Mud, Sweat and Tears, well at least for a couple of the runners as they got hurt out there on the moors.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great event and very tough but a 999 nightmare and I could quite safely say Jenny would have been calling for a taxi after a couple of miles as without local knowledge, you wouldn't have got round on top of the moors.

I went in over my knees into the peat bogs at one stage...

Let's hope 26 laps of a park in Boston goes a bit easier today eh? Better set off in a minute...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.