Friday 19 August 2011

New Shoes and Panties - Ian Dury and the Blockheads

Well my last pair of Brooks Adrenaline bit the dust today and prior to more running out on the ULTRArace.Peaks course, so it was a quick pit-stop into the Derby Runner to pick up a new pair of boots!

I could have bought a pair of the Tweenie styled 'Hoka' shoes. Have you seen these babies?

Where do these shoes get dream't up?... on this occasion it's France but possibly it's in the same Asylum as the Vibram people are held in padded cells. Jenny tried 'em as they don't do size 11.5's in 2E and guess what, she said you wouldn't want to run a long way in them. If they made my size, I will simply crush them with my mileage and gait. How they would cope with the weekend's trail, I dread to think...

The weekend's race is much better placed and the trail's now marked, the weather is set fair and Jenny is rattling in the whole 40 miles tomorrow and I will do the last 26 I hope...

Life's rosy eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.