Sunday 7 August 2011

Round Round - Sugarbabes

It was more like up and down at 'The Round the Rock ULTRA' on the Island of Jersey this weekend. If you were ever looking for a good Ultra weekend away, then this might be the one for you. There's over 1000 metres of ascent and the organisers had worked very hard in trying to make this first edition go as well as possible for the 100 or so runners.

The course - well it's a great circuit of a beautiful island... the billions of wooden sleepers with metal staples hammered in to stop you slipping used as steps up and down the cliff paths are something I would like to forget BUT coming away being able to run at the end of this race is a good reflection of my present level of fitness.

I must say that I got a case of the emotions at the end of the race as I had worked so hard to get that under that sub 10 barrier I had set myself. Jenny would have been well under 8 with more consistent route marking as it was a bit tricky in places. She still managed to beat me by 90 mins having run over 2 miles more! Makes you sick eh?

Anyway, I am very happy with my run and will now have a couple of days off before getting back running mid-week.

More tomorrow after I have found my missing Quads... those bl%dy steps were killers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.