Wednesday 4 May 2011

Ready to go - Republica

I started my GUCR145 preparations today and got the two Geomaps out of my map box and had a good old look at the route from Birmingham to London. Hardest part of the race will be programming the Tom Tom with the locations for Jenny to crew, I reckon. Poor girl is in for a very hard 40 hours!

Can't say that I really prepared the last few times I have done this event... as basically all you do is start, run and then stop. Sure it hurts and sure you have to have a strategy to get to the end of such a mega-distance but as yet, it's not time to consider what I am undertaking.

That's a way off yet... and far enough for a few training runs to get back into some distance. Will start tomorrow when we go to Wales.

ARAF!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.