Wednesday 11 May 2011

Lose Yourself - Eminem

Wow, that was quite a day... 5am start and I was sticking to schedule at 09:00 having clocked up 24 miles - then I had a half hour rest...

I gained a whole new respect both for Rory's running career and his coaching ability yesterday as he pulled me through a 60-mile training run on the roads... I struggled to get back into my stride after stopping and at 27 miles in my legs were beginning to just feel really tired and achy and I got really grumpy (not a pleasant experience I can tell you!). Rory has this amazing intuition to know exactly what to do (give me lots of food,  drink and a 'chat'). He supported me all day giving me advice and encouragement and I felt great for the last 2.5 hours, running 5.5-6 miles/hour.

At 27 miles I was beginning to worry about Ireland...
By the end I felt great and am now excited at the prospect of getting 2 back-to-backs under my belt.

THANKS COACH
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.