Saturday 7 May 2011

Bicycle Race - His Majesty the Queen

For the last 17 years I have been a runner, yesterday I became a cyclist! We put it this way, I cycled 50 odd miles and have a good old sore butt to prove it.

Unfortunately it wasn't on our tandem due to a stretched chain, no honest, but on a ladies sit up and beg bike with no luxuries except a very ggod bell, so I am not surprised I have a few aches down below.

A bigger saddle, suspension and disc brakes would have been a real help, I can tell you.

Anyway, the whole 50 miles of our Cardiff ULTRA course have been covered once again and the course is a piece of cake to follow. It's National Cycle Network Route 8 all the way... no Castle Coch to mess you up at the end and a billion signs to keep you on the trail.

It's simply a stunner of a route... you'll love it. I will too as soon as the throbbing down below stops... I am going back to running for a while!

More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.