Thursday 24 March 2011

Park Life - Blur

I had a day out yesterday with my great friend Andy McMenemy who is currently running 66 ULTRA-marathons in 66 consequetive days as part of his Challenge 66 Guinness World Record attempt.

And it was interesting to witness his washing machine existance of emotions coping with people, environments and unsuitable running courses!

He is also coping with a badly swollen ankle which at Day 8/66 has to be a real concern to him. It all took me back to when I ran to Lisbon in 2004 running 50kms and how I coped with a huge task and journey where for six weeks my reputation as a runner was on the line. At the end of each day, I was happy just to switch off and not think about the next day's feat...

His interview is here and his task is huge.

Like I said last week, it's easy to say that you are going to do but as C. Scott Ragsdale so aptly put it. 'You can talk ALL day about what you are GOING to do... but YOU have to MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Make it Happen, Andy...  and proud to know you mate and I really enjoyed my day with you and clocked up Marathon 674 in the process :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.