Monday 28 February 2011

Dizzy - Tommy Roe

I don't know what my Welsh Granddad would have thought about me running round (and round and round round and round and round .etc for another 99.4 times) his home town in Jenner Park, Barry but I know what I think! It was a bloody hard day out... yes the laps are soul destroying and somewhat lonley compounded by having just 22 runners.

A shame really as it's the oldest running race in the UK and there were some great performances there yesterday with two world records and a certain J A Salter winning the Welsh Ultra Running Championship, even beating the blokes... a right Paula eh?

Anyway... back to the laps and I was really pleased with my 3:44:25 for the 26.2 miles that I did. It was actually my 21st best marathon ever so that can't be bad. I was thru 10 in 1:18 so I can do a sub 3:30 again in my lifetime and want to have a go at this before I am 50.

I think I will have to join my local running club to do so though! Watch out Long Eaton...

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.