Saturday 26 February 2011

Fire - The Crazy World of Arthur brown

My daughter, Pearl is 6 on Tuesday and on the way to Cardiff today, evergreen Tony Blackburn was on Radio 2 doing 'Pick of the Pops' from 1968... when I too was 6. Jenny didn't know what to make of some of the songs I am sure, especially 'The Legend of Xanadu' by Dozy Beaky Mick and Titch...pure class and with whip crack no less!

I did try and explain but she also hadn't heard of Tiger Feet by Mud from '74, so I stopped trying...

Talking Tiger Feet, I'm going to need them tomorrow round the Track in Barry. I have dipped out doing the 26.2 rather than the 40 mile option but it will hopefully keep me around the same pace as the pack...well hopefully eh?

It will be a good test of my fitness and a great day out I'm sure...more tomorrow as I am off to get my stick-on side burns and back comb my hair! Now where's that whip?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.