Saturday 10 March 2012

Waterfront - Simple Minds

I'm back at the scene of my first ULTRArace back in 1995 in Grantham. It seems an eternity since I set off on that monumental first trip over a marathon of 33 miles 1660yds that I ran in 5:02hrs...(I was speedier then) but I was hooked from that moment on of going L O N G...

Tomorrow, lots of our new runners will be taking the same journey... slightly reduced to 29.3 miles in the late 90's by the A52 cutting a few miles off near Nottingham and maybe a bit by the New A46 still causing us a detour but hopefully they will enjoy the same feeling of accomplishment as I did that day back then... Good thing is they have taken all the five bar gates down that we had to climb back in the 90's..

Anyway, lets hope we have a great day out... the course is marked and the weather is set fine...

Just the way we like it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.