Thursday 22 March 2012

Time - Pink Floyd

How often do you hear people say 'There just wasn't Time' or 'I didn't have Time'...

It used to make my old boss Tony Baker, now MD of The Fat Duck, restaurant's blood boil, if you chipped up that excuse for not getting things done. But help is at hand as the 26 hour day is coming our way... I promise, only it's going to take 400 million years for the slowing action of the moon's gravitational effect on the earth to make this happen.

I discovered this whilst explaining to Jenny that a year is the time taken for the Earth to orbit the Sun. It seems that her poor Geography never led her to a physics lesson...which left her ample time for Maths, so every silver cloud eh?

Anyway back to the 26hr day and I can see a lot of problems here as we will need new clocks that go to thirteen and Kiefer Sutherland in very old age or course will be in 26 and not 24 anymore and the year I explained to Jenny will be the same length but will have more hours. Will we still need BST? Who knows?

We had a delivery timed for 10:18hrs this morning from a courier and it turned up bang on time... So just as we have finally managed to be precise with our 24 hour day, it's all going to change.

I wonder if 400 million years is a long enough lead time?

More tomorrow, if I have time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.