Sunday 15 January 2012

Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple

I saw that cigarettes are now £7.33 for a pack of 20... that's quite a price to kill yourself really [and yes thanks Mum (77 today btw) as you will say that ex-smokers are the worst, but I will continue] and going on the average of the 14-a-day habit, @0.37p a fag makes it a £5.18 daily expense or a massive £1890.70 per year, if my 'C' in O Level maths is right.

Now, there are 10 million smokers in the UK which means as a nation we spend £189,070,000,000 on the little devils!!! It's mind blowing... or it blew mine anyway. Sir Walter Raleigh has a lot to answer for... in his defence he did bring the potato back so I can thank him for my favourite Roasties but I wonder what he would have thought of the £189 gazillion year business that he created.

The only people profiting are the Government of course as it receives £10bn of the loot to pay for the £5bn people who are suffering from Smoking related diseases costs the NHS...

Makes you wonder eh? Might be better to spend the money on getting people to give up in the first place? We do have £5bn to spend on the ads!!!

More later... oh and if you want to quit just email me rory@rorycoleman.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.