Monday 16 January 2012

Keep on Running - The Spencer Davis Group

No doubt I will be banging on about my fast arriving 50th birthday next month... and what did come to me today was that here I am at 50 years of age and am able to go out and run injury free and in complete comfort - when I know that there are so many folk of comparable age that can't.

I am very lucky indeed? I won't tell you that it's easy and I fade in comparison to Jenny on the amount of miles and sheer speed of my running BUT for a middle-aged bloke, I'm in pretty good shape.

When you look around, it's easy to see complacency to exercise and food, especially down here in Wales where we are told there is a 50% Adult obesity rate. I know that I want to keep in shape for as long as possible, especially as I head into my next decade and keep running my marathons for as long as I can.

Let's see if tomorrow's run is just as exciting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.