Monday 11 July 2011

Move any Mountain - The Shamen

Yesterday, I went mountain walking with Jenny, her brother Mark, and father Sir Michael, in the Brecon Beacons and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Mark's previous army selection hikes with pack and rifle set the standard of the walk (V HARD) and I was really surprised at how well Jenny managed to keep up with the guys, especially as she is the first to acknowledge that she is a dawdler...

After five hours and a few summits, including Pen y Fan, we did the decent thing and headed back to the car rather than get in a couple more of Mark's summits and five more miles. I think the lure of the Ice-Cream Van on the Brecon Road was just too much for us in the end. That Orange lolly really hit the spot, too. What I do know is that I can feel the old calf muscles this morning.

Maybe we'll have to go again... it's all good training for Majorca where heat and incline will meet once again.

More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.