Thursday 30 June 2011

Stars on 45 - Stars on 45

My word we've been around the block on this one a lot today! It's caused a real difference of opinion and I think only an episode of The Apprentice where the competitors have to design and build an event in January would get the ULTRArace 45 'hired' or 'fired'. It's an interesting debate!

We do know one thing and that it won't be a double event as a 2 x 45 miler. Our experience of  the last two events is that at that time of the year for the type of competitor demograph we attract it's actually too far/too soon. A single 30 or 40 miler might well be a better, safer option. We'll see over the next few days as we discuss our options further.

I am now off to get boxing gloves and protector to go a few more rounds with 'Slugger Salter' and will report further if I go the distance... what is important is that, as readers of 'ULTRAtalk', you understand our thought process of what races we do/don't do. It's not a simple process - I can tell you.

ATM I am on for a 'Technical Knockout'... we'd love to know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.