Saturday 23 June 2012

Record Breakers - Roy Castle

On a day where we've had a new course record on our UR100, it's quite spooky that I sit outside our finish at Stratford Leisure Centre as this is where I set 6 Guinness World Records back in 1998.

It was literally just a few metres from here that I ran for one day of my life to gain that special accolade that so many chase... I feel really lucky to have been able to do that and make my mark... That kind of thing is important to me and its been good to see that drive in so many people out there on the course today...

Sure it's tough and some have overcome some massive physical barriers to get here to take part today - with a smile even when the going for them has tested their limits of human endurance.

So why do it then? You might ask... Well it's because it's important and they have to - if you understand why, then you are an ultrarunner too and you'll be out there making your mark this weekend just like I did in 1998...

Oh to be 37 again...

www.ULTRArace.co.uk - The Home of ULTRArunning in the UK

Location:Bridgeway,Stratford-upon-Avon,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.