Thursday 31 May 2012

Time Table - Genesis

I have made myself feel a lot better by looking at the age correction tables for my age group for race times over different distances. The way it works is that the older and more decrepit you are, the more you take off your time. It's a bit like a Golf Handicap so you could match yourself to someone of a younger age OR to yourself in a time long gone. It's brillaint!

SO... I did the Bridgend 5km last night (yep, I know what you are thinking) in 23mins and 13secs (c'mon it was hot and hilly) and multiplying that by my 87.47% gives me an adjusted time of 20mins 18secs... a much better result and a time that I was running when I was in my 30's. It's like taking off the VAT off your running...

It will be interesting to see if I can run a 3hrs 56mins next time on a marathon as that would be a 3hrs 31 mins marathon which is near my Pb of 3hrs 24mins of 1996.

I am running a 2 miler tomorrow night so let's see how that goes with that one eh?

Maybe getting older is an advantage...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.