Friday 11 May 2012

Just like starting over - John Lennon and Yoko Ono

Q - When does a Month make a Week.... A - When it's a Month off from running and it makes you very Weak...indeed! That old Marathon des Sables and a couple of weeks sitting in the car on the JOGLE Ultra have really taken their toll, I can tell you. I'm out of breath just putting my trainers on...

Since our return to ARAF I have been running down to Cardiff Bay in a 10km loop like a really old man (no comments please) and today my legs are all 'Dommed up'... it's just like starting running all over again. I know it won't be like this forever but going out for a few miles post seeing Rainer Koch annihilate the JOGLE at 9-10 minutes a mile all day, everyday does make you feel like one should hang up ones trainers and think about retiring somewhat.

The only saving grace is that Rainer is well off the scale and actually I still have that super-human feeling about what I have done and can still do against my own age bracket is all that matters... my 38th in the super vet class at MdS is keeping me going right now!

Well there's hope isn't there?

More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.